Wendy M. Lau
9333 Fairway View Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
P (909) 987-5240
F (909) 987-5230
For more detailed information:
Wendy has a broad range of experience in various areas of law, including construction, business transactions and litigation, labor and employment, and general liability. Her practice includes complex multi-party civil litigation with a focus on construction defect litigation, and she has served as counsel to several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders, real estate developers, and contractors. Wendy not only vigorously defends clients embroiled in litigation, she also provides sound counsel regarding management and mitigation of risk in numerous areas in order to allow clients to focus on conducting business rather than defending lawsuits. In addition, Wendy’s natural talent for dispute resolution, her communication savvy, as well as her seasoned negotiation skills, have allowed her to achieve highly desirable results for her clients time and time again.
While in law school, Wendy was a member of the Law Review, and won Third Place Best Petitioner’s Brief two years running in the Vincent S. Dalsimer Moot Court Competition, earning her the opportunity to meet Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. When not practicing law, Wendy gives back to her community through her service to a number of organizations including her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, and her undergraduate alma mater, the University of La Verne. She also enjoys running, reading, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends.
Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
University of La Verne (B.A., 1999)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prosecution and defense of breach of contract and other business tort claims.
- Coordination of risk management activities, including contracts, safety protocols, and incident and claim documentation.
- Defense of businesses against claims made under California’s Unfair Business Practice Statutes (Business & Professions Code, Sections 17200 and 17500).
- Defense of developers, general contractors, construction managers, and design professionals in complex multiparty litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single family home disputes to cases involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners’ Associations and claims involving California Civil Code Section 910, et al. (SB800).
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Provision of risk management counseling on various issues including contracts and code compliance.
- Defense of wrongful termination actions.
- Establishment of initial terms and conditions of employment in company handbook and guidelines.
- Preventative counseling and guidance to employers relating to all aspects of the employee/employer relationship including, but not limited to, lawful hiring and firing procedures, wage and hour compliance, employee discipline and discharge, claim investigation and documentation, and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Counseling and mandatory training to supervisors and management on topics such as compliance with laws, discrimination, and harassment.
- Litigation of matters involving wage and hour claims, meal break violations, discrimination, harassment, and hostile work environment.