Thomas D. Fama
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Tom Fama’s practice focuses on all aspects of real estate including title insurance claims, boundary disputes, easements, mechanic’s liens and broker professional liability. Tom regularly counsels clients navigating difficult agency disputes between brokers and sales associates as well as advising brokers on proper disclosures of a sales transaction during escrow. He devotes a significant amount of his practice to counseling real estate brokers in Northern California on emerging areas of exposure in real estate law and guides brokers through the preparation and formation of agency relationships.
Tom also brings his honed litigation skills to complex construction defect claims, professional and product liability matters and defends businesses against personal injury claims. He advises home builders on alternative strategies and proposals to litigation that helped his clients avoid multi million dollar lawsuits. Tom has secured favorable results for his clients in litigated matters including receiving defense verdicts for lenders and veterinarians. He is experienced in all facets of litigation including trial and appeal. He is a licensed real estate broker and licensed to practice in Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Eastern District of California. Tom is the president of the Sigma Chi alumni board, a 501(c)(3) corporation, at the University of the Pacific.
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., 2008)
University of the Pacific (B.S., 2004)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of several of California’s largest builders and developers in complex construction defect matters, from single family homes to multifamily residential complexes.
- Prosecutes and defends claims related to Homeowners Associations, SB800 claims (Civil Code section 910, et al.), and Calderon claims (Civil Code section 1375).
- Represents employers in all phases of employment litigation, including trial.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Defense of brokers in professional liability litigation regarding real estate transactions including nondisclosures, breach of fiduciary duties and negligence.
- Defense of insurance agents and veterinarians in professional liability litigation.
- Regularly advises Northern California brokers on new areas in real estate law.
- Counsels brokers and sellers on the preparation of real estate documents including disclosures and inspections.
- Advises real estate brokers on the formation of agency relationships.
- Defense of developers and banks in title insurance matters including mechanic’s liens, boundary disputes, easements and fraud.