Summit S. Dhillon
7108 North Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93720
P (559) 437-2860
F (559) 438-1350
For more detailed information:
Summit Dhillon has successfully represented clients in state and federal civil matters, including professional liability, commercial and general business litigation, employment and labor, medical malpractice, breach of contract, and other general insurance matters. Summit has significant experience defending insurance agents and brokers in professional liability actions in a rapidly burgeoning area of the law in California, as well as experience in matters of professional liability as they pertain to real estate agents, appraisers and architects. Summit also has experience dealing in general real estate transactions, landlord/tenant matters and leasing. Summit has particular expertise in matters concerning professional liability and personal injury defense, including catastrophic losses. Summit received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Duke University and his juris doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law. During law school, Summit clerked for the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of California, Civil Department. Summit has also been published in the well-known International Business Transactions, Third Edition, by Professor Ralph H. Folsom, authoring an article detailing the processes and history of the World Trade Organization’s Dispute Resolution Process and its application to the lengthy legal dispute between the United States government and the government of Antigua.
Since law school, Summit has represented both large and small corporations, partnership entities and individuals in various courts and transactions throughout California. Summit has negotiated and drafted multi-million dollar lease deals and real estate transactions with Fortune 500 companies such as Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond, amongst others. Summit has also successfully represented clients before the Agricultural Labor Relations Board in matters concerning unionization and other general employment and labor activities.
In addition to his position with WSHB, Summit has done pro bono work for the Fresno Sikh Association and Sikh American Legal Defense Fund. Summit is fluent in Punjabi and proficient in Hindi and Spanish. In his spare time he is an avid golfer.
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2008)
Duke University (B.A., 2005)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Handles matters involving crop loss, breach of contracts, breach of warranties, farm-related collisions and incidents and related personal injury, industrial accidents, and other pertinent matters to agricultural operations.
- Handles matters including medical malpractice, premises liability, professional liability, contract matters, business litigation, general liability and all matters of insurance defense.
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Represents employers during all phases of EEOC investigations.
- Provides preventative counseling to employers.
- Advises and defends employers in wage and hour claims.
- Represents employers in Title VII discrimination claims.
- Defense of wage and hour claims.
- Defense of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paramedics, nursing homes, FNPs, and hospitals on various cases involving: failure to diagnose various medical conditions, failure to properly treat and monitor, prescription mistakes, and nursing negligence.