Firmwide Managing Partner
Stewart D. Reid
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
P (310) 481-7600
F (310) 481-7650
9333 Fairway View Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
P (909) 987-5240
F (909) 987-5230
For more detailed information:
As Firmwide Managing Partner, Stewart is responsible for the operation of the firm across a national platform. In this role, Stewart also serves on the firm’s Management Committee, which oversees all aspects of the firm’s wide and diverse practice areas. Stewart has a broad range of experience and skill litigating general liability, professional liability, subrogation, class action, products, and general business litigation matters. He has particular expertise in the area of construction litigation and regularly represents residential and commercial builders and owners – both private and public – involving payment disputes, recovery actions, construction defect, mechanic’s lien, stop notice, delay and acceleration claims, bid protests, and debarment proceedings. Growing up working heavy construction projects, and later as a licensed general contractor building single family homes, Stewart is uniquely qualified to provide creative representation to California’s largest contractors, homebuilders and property developers.
University of La Verne College of Law (J.D., 1995)
University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1989)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prosecution and defense of actions for breach of contract and fraud.
- Prosecution and defense of actions involving land sale contracts.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts.
- Coordination and implementation of risk-management protocol for a wide range of businesses.
- Prosecution of unlawful detainer actions arising out of major land acquisitions.
- Defense of home builders against a wide range of property and personal injury claims.
- Representation of several of California’s largest home builders.
- Defense of owners and property managers against bodily injury claims.
- Defense of major national retailer against customer allegations of wrongful detention and accidents on store premises.
- Architects and engineers
- Insurance brokers and agents
- Real estate brokers and agents
- Land use and entitlements including regulatory, environmental, and construction permitting issues.
- Payment and Performance bond issues.