Shannon M. Benbow
520 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
P (206) 204-6800
F (206) 299-0400
For more detailed information:
Shannon practices in the areas of employment law, professional liability, medical malpractice, products liability, and tort defense. She is involved in all aspects of employment-related litigation, including defense of employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. Shannon has obtained defense verdicts and summary judgment on behalf of employers in several employment cases. She routinely represents employers before administrative agencies, including the EEOC and DFEH, and in State and Federal Courts. She also provides preventative counseling to employers.
Shannon also practices in the areas of commercial litigation and consumer finance and has successfully defended businesses against claims brought under Federal and State consumer finance and debt collections laws. Her professional liability practice not only involves defense of clients in civil litigation, but also representation of clients through administrative disciplinary investigations and actions. Shannon has extensive experience in tort defense, including products liability and catastrophic injury.
University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2003)
Seattle Pacific University (B.A., 2000)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Experience litigating matters involving both state and Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Acts (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Successful defense of creditors and collections agencies against claims of unfair and illegal debt collection practices.
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation, including trial.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Defense of public agencies and school boards in all phases of wrongful termination and civil rights claims, including trial.
- Represents employers during all phases of EEOC investigations.
- Provides preventative counseling to employers.
- Advises and defends employers in wage and hour claims.
- Represents employers in Title VII discrimination claims.
- Defense of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of claims regarding negligent and intentional acts, including automobile accidents, sexual assault, and construction site accidents.
- Defense of business establishments against injury claims involving third parties.
- Defense of healthcare liability, medical malpractice, and elder care matters.
- Defends insurance agents and brokers against professional liability claims.
- Defends notaries in civil litigation and disciplinary proceedings.
- Handles surety bond matters.
- Represents large transportation companies in high exposure personal injury actions involving semi-trucks and tour buses.
- Defense of claims brought under the Carmack Amendment to the Interstate Commerce Act, for loss and damage to goods in transit.