Royce L. Williams
12755 SW 69th Avenue
Portland, OR 97223
P (971) 256-4010
F (971) 275-1928
For more detailed information:
Royce Williams is an associate in WSHB’s Portland office, handling complex civil litigation, including professional liability, construction and toxic tort litigation. Hailing from management positions with several national and international companies throughout the country, Royce brings to each matter a unique business acumen and understanding.
Prior to joining the firm, Royce gained experience handling catastrophic injury, business and contract based litigation. He also has a unique grasp of tax litigation gleaned from his experience during law school, where he represented clients in civil litigation before the IRS and states’ departments of revenue.
Lewis & Clark Law School (J.D., 2015)
Morehouse College (B.A., cum laude, 2011)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Represents owners, contractors and design professionals in complex litigation including construction defect claims, and construction accident litigation involving catastrophic injuries.
- Representation of associations, developers, and contractors against construction-related claims involving single-family residential to mixed-use buildings.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of claims involving premises liability issues, including slip-and-fall accidents, premises defect claims, and disputes over property ownership rights and obligations.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against construction job site accident claims and OSHA regulation violations.
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial real property purchase and sale agreement, business agreements, and corporate formation agreements for corporations and limited liability companies.
- Drafting non-profit corporation formation documents and filings.
- Prosecution and defense of actions for breach of contract and other business tort claims.
- Defense of landlord/tenant claims arising out of claims for water intrusion and mold bodily injuries.
- Defense of property owners, builders, and developers in all aspects of bodily injury litigation related to mold exposure.
- Defense of product manufacturers and distributors against claims of personal injuries and property damage due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Representation and defense of architects, engineers, real estate brokers and agents, and other professionals in negligence, failure to disclose, and violation of standard-of-care claims.
- Defense of property owners, managers, builders and developers in all aspects of bodily injury litigation related to mold exposure.
- Representation of various types of transportation companies in civil litigation involving tractor-trailers, buses, rail and other fleet operation vehicles, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
- Provides rapid response investigation and handling of transportation accidents.
- Provides risk management training and counseling on a variety of issues, including driver qualifications, safe practices, rapid response to accidents, insurance coverage, risk transfer, and employment issues.