R. Gregory Amundson
6A Liberty Street
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
P (949) 757-4500
F (949) 757-4550
For more detailed information:
With over 40 years of experience, Greg Amundson’s trial expertise includes the defense of personal injury, commercial liability, product liability, premises liability, professional liability and environmental law. Greg specializes in defending automobile, trucking, bus and construction accident cases. He is typically retained on the eve of trial as an eleventh hour trial attorney within 30 days of trial. Greg often tries cases outside of Southern California in the counties of San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Kern, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego, as well as in Clark County, Nevada; Denver, Colorado; and Chicago, Illinois.
Loyola Law School (J.D., 1978)
University of Redlands (B.A., 1973)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prepared briefs and conducted oral arguments before Courts of Appeal, Second and Fourth Districts Petitioner of appeals that led to reported decisions in five appeals.
- Pinnacle Museum Tower Assn. v. Pinnacle Market Development LLC (2010) 187 Cal. App. 4th 24 [Oral Argument before Court of Appeals, Fourth District].
- Promenade at Playa Vista Homeowners Association v. Western Pacific Housing (2011) 200 Cal.App.4th 849. [Oral Argument before Court of Appeals, Second District].
- Hunt Investors v. Extengine (2009) [Oral Argument before Court of Appeals, Second District, G042176].
- 50 trials to verdict with 20 defense verdicts in Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Kern, Oakland-Alameda and Sacramento counties.
- Defense verdict for investment planners and managers in actions for unfair competition and mergers and acquisitions.
- Defense of power plant manufacturer alleging personal injuries by workers with Valley Fever (defense verdict).
- Defense of shopping mall owners and property managers in personal injury actions (defense verdict).
- Defense of petroleum distributors, pipeline maintenance and refinery owners in personal injury actions.
- Defense of construction-defect trials including Crawford v. Weather Shield.
- Defense of property owners, developers, general contractors and material suppliers from personal-injury and wrongful-death actions arising from construction-site accidents in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Defense of suppliers of allegedly hazardous materials including diesel fuel and electro-plating metal cleansers.
- Defense of asbestos manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, property owners and movie studios (defense verdict).
- Defense of commercial businesses and property managers in mold and benzene claims.
- Defense of architects, engineers and general contractors (defense verdict).
- Defense of power plant manufacturer alleging personal injuries by workers with Valley Fever (defense verdict)
- Defense of doctors, dentists, pharmacists, paramedics, nursing homes, and hospitals on various cases involving: failure to diagnose various medical conditions, failure to properly treat and monitor, elder abuse, prescription mistakes, nursing negligence and dental malpractice.
- Obtained one defense verdict in a pharmacist malpractice trial.
- Defense verdicts, personal injury and wrongful death actions in automobile rollover and freeway collision accidents.
- Defense of product manufacturers, suppliers and service dealers of automobiles, furnaces, propane equipment, food products and plumbing equipment.
- Defense of commercial property owners, shopping centers, and property managers.
- Defense of residential property owners, lessors, tenants and managers.
- Defense of Americans with Disabilities (ADA) actions (defense verdict).
- Defense of architects, civil engineers, appraisers and surveyors.
- Defense of insurance agents and brokers and financial investment firms (defense verdict).
- Defense of physicians, dentists, audiologists, psychologists and pharmacists, with a defense verdict in a pharmacist malpractice action.
- Defense of foster parents, with a defense verdict in a wrongful-death action. (defense verdict).