Philip B. Grennan
520 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
P (206) 204-6800
F (206) 299-0400
12755 SW 69th Avenue
Portland, OR 97223
P (971) 256-4010
F (971) 275-1928
For more detailed information:
Philip Grennan joined WSHB in 2014, after many years at a general defense litigation firm in Seattle, Washington. His practice concentrates on complex, general civil litigation, including defense of personal injury claims, professional liability, construction accidents, automobile tort and underinsured motorist claims, premises liability, and environmental/toxic torts. Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory conferred an “AV” rating, its highest, on Philip. He is a cum laude graduate of the University of Washington with a B.A. in Economics and earned his J.D. degree from the University of Washington Law School in 1977. Philip has practiced in trial courts throughout the State of Washington, the Washington Court of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Philip is also a member of the Oregon State Bar.
University of Washington, School of Law (J.D., 1977)
University of Washington (B.A., 1974)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Successful appeals in all areas of practice, including several published decisions.
- Recently prevailed in several premises-liability appeals involving claims of defective landscaping and liquids on floor surfaces.
- Defense of real-estate developers, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and material suppliers in complex construction litigation.
- Representation of associations, developers, and contractors against construction-related claims involving personal-injury and property disputes and claims.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of claims involving premises liability issues, including slip-and-fall accidents, premises defect claims, and disputes over property ownership rights and obligations.
- Defense of various product liability claims, often involving complex litigation issues, for a variety of corporate clients.
- These include claims of asbestos and other toxic exposure damages, foodborne illness, as well as claims involving design and manufacturing defects.
- Representation and defense of all types of professionals in negligence and violation of standard-of-care claims
- Litigation in numerous cases involving defense of attorneys, medical providers, and corporate directors and officers.
- Defense of architects and engineers in all facets of professional liability matters.
- Defense of architect of large medical facility in complex, high-exposure litigation.
- Successful trial counsel in over ten complex professional liability matters.
- Litigated numerous cases involving defense of attorneys, brokers, realtors, counsels, doctors, medical providers and directors and officers of corporations.
- Recognized by design professionals as the “go to” trial counsel in the State of Washington.
- Advise architects, engineers, medical providers, brokers and agents concerning risk management, helping them reduce exposure to future claims.
- Frequent presenter of seminars designed for architects and engineers.
- Seminars cover a broad range of timely topics relevant to professional liability, malpractice defense and risk management.
- Represent design professionals through all phases of construction litigation and counsel, including: claims avoidance, risk management, litigation, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution and trial.
- Defense of motor vehicle drivers and owners from minor soft tissue to major catastrophic injuries.
- Tried and achieved successful verdicts on many types of motor vehicle cases in various jurisdictions.