Nancy Quinn Koba
685 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
P (212) 999-7100
F (212) 999-7139
40 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
P (203) 604-6767
F (203) 286-1835
For more detailed information:
Nancy has over thirty years experience as a civil litigation attorney with significant trial, mediation and appellate experience. Her practice primarily focuses on the defense of professional liability claims against insurance agents and brokers, attorneys, ambulance service providers, miscellaneous healthcare professionals, notary publics and design professionals. Nancy has also defended professional liability claims against nursing homes, home inspectors, dentists and actuaries. In addition to her professional liability practice, she has handled all types of high exposure, complex liability cases, including lead poisoning claims, products liability, Labor Law, general liability, municipal liability, automobile claims, insurance coverage issues, excess claims monitoring and declaratory judgment actions in the state and federal courts. Nancy has also handled all types of claims on national habitational, retail and transportation programs.
In addition, Nancy assists our national insurance coverage practice by advising and representing domestic and international insurers on first-party property (Homeowner’s and Commercial), commercial general liability, construction defect, and professional errors and omission claims. Nancy has successfully litigated a wide variety of first-party and third-party insurance cases, including the interpretation of policy provisions and exclusions, quantum disputes, catastrophes, bad faith, and extra-contractual claims.
Prior to joining WSHB, Nancy was a partner with a national law firm and had been a Trial Counsel in the staff counsel program of a major casualty insurance company for fifteen years, developing her skills in cost-effective, efficient claims handling while consistently delivering quality service and results.
Nancy has been trained in Legal Project Management and employs systematic strategies to scope, plan, manage and control legal work in collaboration with her clients and clearly defined time, budget and performance requirements.
Pace University School of Law (J.D., 1985, cum laude)
Manhattanville College (B.A., 1982, cum laude)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Crooks v. E. Peters, LLC, 103 A.D.3d 828 (2nd Dept. 2013).
- Femia v. Graphic Arts Mutual Insurance Co., 100 A.D.3d 954 (2nd Dept. 2012).
- Maple House, Inc. v. Alfred F. Cypes & Co., Inc., 80 A.D.3d 672 (2nd Dept. 2011).
- Verbert v. Garcia, 63 A.D.3d 1149 (2nd Dept. 2009).
- Kay Bee Builders, Inc. v. Merchant’s Mutual Insurance Co., 61 A.D.3d 720 (2nd Dept. 2009).
- Griffin v. DaVinci Development, LLC, 44 A.D.3d 1001 (2nd Dept. 2007).
- Defense of bodily injury liability claims arising out of construction activities brought pursuant to NYS Labor Law sections 240(1) (“scaffold law”) and 246 against property owners and contractors, including defending and/or pursuing contractual, contribution and indemnification claims between defendants or against third parties.
- Defense of premises liability claims involving commercial, retail and residential apartment properties.
- Defended security, municipal liability, navigation law and product liability claims.
- Monitored claims on behalf of excess insurers.
- Defense of professional liability claims against insurance agents and brokers and actuaries.
- Defended professional liability claims against lawyers, nursing homes, home inspectors, dentists and miscellaneous healthcare professionals.
- Defended claims alleging personal injuries due to exposure to lead in single family homes and apartment buildings.
- Defended claims alleging property damage and personal injuries due to exposure to MTBE from gasoline spills and contaminated ground water.