6A Liberty Street
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
P (949) 757-4500
F (949) 757-4550
For more detailed information:
Miko Sargizian is senior counsel at WSHB’s Orange County office, where her practice is focused on labor and employment, intellectual property, professional liability, general liability, and product liability matters, including equine litigation, complex tort litigation and business and commercial litigation. Throughout her career, Miko has defended professionals, corporations, Fortune 500 companies, developers, and investors. She is skilled in all aspects of litigation, including law and motion practice, mediation, arbitration, and trial practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Miko’s practice focused on securities litigation, general civil litigation, and professional liability. Miko received her law degree and a Certificate in Intellectual Property and Technology Law with Honors from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2012. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Women’s Studies with a Minor in Political Science from UCLA in 2006. While in law school, Miko clerked with the National Football League team, the Oakland Raiders, where she focused on employment litigation, including workers compensation and player injury grievances.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2006)
Licensed to Practice in:
United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Defense of builders, developers, and general contractors against claims of defective design in complex multi-party litigation arising from construction of residential and commercial properties.
- Defense of developers against claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of wrongful termination, discrimination, disability, sexual harassment, and sexual orientation claims in state and federal court.
- Defense of wage and hour, overtime, missed meal break, and PAGA claims.
- Preventative HR counseling and guidance to employers relating to all aspects of the employee/employer relationship including, but not limited to, lawful hiring and firing procedures, wage and hour compliance, employee discipline and discharge, claim investigation and documentation, and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Defense of corporations and individuals in a wide variety of claims, resulting in catastrophic loss.
- Preparation of licensing agreements and defense of individuals and businesses in various matters dealing with trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation.
- Defense of doctors, hospitals, medical groups, surgery centers, skilled nursing facilities, nurses and nurse practitioners, dentists, physician assistants, and allied health professionals.