Jason H. Klein
1805 Shea Center Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
P (720) 479-2500
F (303) 471-1855
701 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
P (786) 358-6420
F (786) 358-6421
For more detailed information:
Jason Klein is the managing partner of WSHB’s Denver office* and a partner in the Firm’s Florida offices. Jason is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice is dedicated to complex civil litigation in the areas of employment litigation and wrongful termination defense matters, Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) claims and compliance, as well as construction defect, transportation, professional liability and complex general liability litigation. He has represented international, national, and regional corporations, carriers, and businesses (including Fortune 500 companies) and individuals in both state and federal courts in Florida, Kansas, and Missouri. He has extensive experience representing clients in breach of contract disputes, creditors-debtors’ rights actions, as well as experience in construction defect litigation for national homebuilders, contractors, developers, and other construction-related professionals, as well as copyright and trademark infringement litigation.
Jason was in-house counsel in Resort Management for Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Inc. While at Wyndham, he negotiated, drafted, reviewed and analyzed complex commercial agreements and contracts, including detailed commercial leases, vendor contracts and purchase agreements, as well as participated in drafting the company’s ADA internal operating plan to address key issues presented under the ADA at Wyndham’s vacation resorts throughout the United States. In addition, Jason has also represented commercial and residential borrowers in foreclosure and receivership actions, as well as complex loan workouts. He is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected for inclusion into Florida Trend’s “Florida Legal Elite.” Jason is also a regular presenter on trial and litigation strategy
*At present, Jason is not admitted to practice law in Colorado. His admittance to the Colorado Bar is currently pending.
University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2001)
The University of Kansas (B.A., 1997)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of large retailers and businesses in ADA compliance issues.
- Advise employers on best practices and management strategies to avoid claims.
- Defense of employers in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Defense of employers in Title I claims brought under the ADA.
- Defense of employers in harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Advises employers on all aspects of responding to wage and hour audits conducted by the Department of Labor and similar state agencies, as well as conducting self-audits to ensure proactive compliance.
- Represents employers in response to NLRB complaints of unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act, which applies to all workplaces regardless of union representation.
- Prosecution and defense of Fortune 500 companies and regional businesses in breach of contract, fraud, and other business tort claims.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and other commercial agreements, including construction contracts, non-disclosure and non-compete agreements, and employment contracts.
- Coordination of risk management activities.
- Defense of businesses against claims made under Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, including defense of water treatment company in Florida class action lawsuit.
- Representation of corporate borrowers/debtors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and bankruptcy related litigation (including, assignment for the benefit of creditors and adversary proceedings).
- Counsel clients on complex contract dispute issues.
- Defense of developers, general contractors, construction managers and design professionals in litigation involving commercial and residential properties, including construction defect litigation.
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from commercial and residential construction sites, including water intrusion and mold cases.
- Prosecution and defense of developers against claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for damages due to delays in construction.
- Prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Represents several different types of clients in D&O defense matters, including but not limited to assisting management companies, developers, owners, and association groups with their legal challenges.
- Representation of a professional athlete (MLB player) in contractual and business related matters.
- Representation of businesses in cases involving allegations of copyright infringement and violations of the Lanham Act in State and Federal court.
- Counsel clients on confidentiality, non-competition, and employment contracts.
- Defense of famed Hollywood director against allegations of trademark confusion/infringement.
- Defense of doctors and other health care professionals in malpractice actions.
- Representation of commercial and residential developers in real estate litigation.
- Defend corporations, other business entities, and individuals, against claims arising out of the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Defend large corporate borrowers in complex commercial foreclosure and loan workout matters.
- Representation of real estate brokers and agents in procuring cause cases.
- Counsel real estate broker clients on litigated matters.
- Defense of professional liability claims against engineers, design professionals, insurance agents and brokers, real estate agents, and miscellaneous professionals.
- Represent cities and governmental agencies in Section 1983 claims, excessive use of force, wrongful arrest, and land use and zoning.