Gregory P. Arakawa
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Greg Arakawa is the managing partner of the Northern California office of WSHB. An experienced trial lawyer, Greg is also known for his finesse in creative approaches to resolving complex, high exposure matters. His focus includes all facets of claims for transportation companies including independent contractor issues, employment, passenger versus driver issues and bodily injury litigation. Greg also has significant experience with trucking, professional liability, toxic tort issues, employment law and bad faith litigation. He defends property owners, contractors, and developers against occupational exposure and third-party bodily injury claims. He also provides representation in transactional matters and general business litigation. He has spoken at numerous seminars and presentations, including the Northern California Claims Conference. Before entering the legal profession, Greg was a television reporter for KCNC-TV, the Denver NBC affiliate.
Southwestern Law School (J.D., 1994)
University of Southern California (B.A., 1985)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Prosecution and defense of breach-of-contract and fraud claims.
- Representation of clients in lawsuits involving breach of commercial leases.
- Litigation and counseling in matters involving intellectual-property rights.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts.
- Coordinating risk-management activities (e.g., risk response and protocol).
- Defense of claims, ranging from minor to catastrophic losses (such as building collapse).
- Defense of property owners, contractors, and developers against suits arising from catastrophic-injury accidents on commercial and residential sites.
- Defense against residential and commercial construction defect claims.
- Litigation of contaminated-groundwater claims.
- Defense of single-family home developers, apartment-building owners, and general contractors for schools and hospitals against mold claims.
- Risk-management counseling for developers and other construction-related entities.
- Presentation of seminars (to residential developer warranty personnel regarding pre-litigation claims handling.
- Representation of developer before municipal entities regarding California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Defense of multiple-plaintiff, toxic-tort cases involving groundwater and soil-contamination, and personal-injury claims.
- Defense of owners and property managers in third-party criminal liability cases.
- Defense of national retailer against customer allegations of wrongful detention, sexual harassment, and accidents on store premises.
- Defense of major entertainment company against lawsuits related to accidents on studio property. Defense of major California utility company against accident claims related to utility company property.
- Representation of insurance agents/brokers, law firms and attorneys, and financial advisers in professional liability litigation.
- Representation of real estate developer in financial workout agreements with lenders and subcontractors.
- Represent prospective bidder in action for damages against trustee of foreclosure sale for violation of procedures regarding conduct of foreclosure sale.
- Defense of lenders against claims of predatory lending practices by trustor facing foreclosure sale and other mortgage-loan litigation.
- Represent many real estate developers and general contractors in mechanics-lien-foreclosure actions and negotiations to resolve mechanics-lien disputes.
- Representation of real estate developers in easement disputes with property owners, and disputes regarding DRE disclosure issues.
- Representation of real estate developer in dispute with municipality regarding increase of over $2 million in entitlement and other development fees.
- Draft and negotiate the terms and conditions of covenants, conditions and restrictions on behalf of residential construction developers.
- Mold, asbestos, benzene, and other chemical exposures in residential and commercial settings.
- Defense of clients in cases involving exposure to contaminated soil, underground storage-tank leaks, and emissions from neighboring properties.
- Defense of clients against allegations of personal injury and property damage caused by flooding and exposure to raw-sewage.