520 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
P (206) 204-6800
F (206) 299-0400
For more detailed information:
Gavin Radkey is a senior associate in WSHB’s Seattle office, where he handles a variety of complex civil litigation matters involving involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death, professional liability, construction, transportation, and commercial litigation. Gavin received his law degree from Seattle University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude, and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Law, Societies & Justice from the University of Washington. He is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court of Washington in the Western District.
Before joining the firm, Gavin practiced in the areas of construction defect, products liability, and personal injury. His litigation experience includes the handling and resolution of more than 200 cases for a Fortune 100 company. While attending law school, Gavin volunteered in the Administrative Law clinic, where he successfully petitioned the Washington State Health Care Authority for rule making regarding sexual reassignment surgery on behalf of a transgender client, the Arts Law clinic, where he provided weekly advice to artists, poets, and filmmakers related to their intellectual property, and gained litigation experience by handling depositions and arbitrations while working as a Rule 9 intern. Gavin was also a law clerk to Professors Ron Clark and Marilyn Berger in support of the the third edition to their textbook, Pre-trial Advocacy: Planning, Analysis, and Strategy.
Prior to attending law school, Gavin was a database administrator for a local contract research organization. His work included the seminal PrEP study, which identified the efficacy of pre-exposure prophylaxis in reducing HIV seroconversion rates in HIV discordant couples.
Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2014, cum laude)
University of Washington (B.A., 2008)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense related to fiduciary duties and winding up of corporation.
Defense of corporate and LLC form to protect assets of individual members.
Defense against claims of Consumer Protection Act violations.
- Representation of general contractors and subcontractors in connection with construction defect and work site injury claims.
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation.
- Cases range from single-family home disputes to cases involving several dozen properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and some of the country’s largest publicly and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving RCW 64.34, Washington’s Condo Act.
- Defense of individuals and corporations against personal injury and property damage claims.
- Defense of claims involving premises liability issues, including accidents and premises defects.
- Claims range from minor injuries to wrongful death.
- Defense of contractors against construction job site accident claims and OSHA and WISHA regulation violations.
- Defense of municipalities in bodily injury and property damage litigation related to odor exposure and nuisance.