1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Eugene is a leading litigator in the fields of construction defect litigation, fire loss and habitability claims. Eugene has experience representing a variety of individual and institutional clients including major construction developers, nationwide property managers as well as small business and property owners. He has also been at the forefront in establishing new law in these fields. His arguments to the Court of Appeals recently resulted in a published decision defeating a $3.5M claim concerning the ability of insurers to seek subrogation from a tenant in case of a fire.
Eugene graduated from University of California Hastings College of Law, and received his undergraduate degree in Political Economy of Industrial Societies from the University of California at Berkeley. Prior to coming to WSHB, Eugene handled all facets of labor and employment litigation.
University of California Hastings Law School (J.D., 2009)
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 2006)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of developers and general contractors in complex multi-party litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single family home disputes to actions involving hundreds of properties.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving California Civil Code section 910, et. al (SB800), including the prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, as well as subrogation claims by insurers.
- Defense of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of claims regarding negligent and intentional acts, including automobile accidents, assault and battery, sexual assault, and construction site accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Defense of business establishments against injury claims involving third parties.
- Representation of owners, landlords and managers in defending claims of water intrusion and mold exposure.
- Representation of manufacturers and retailers against claims of injuries and wrongful death allegedly due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Represented insurance and real estate personnel in professional liability litigation.
- Represented large national education accrediting agency in connection with state and federal claims of violation of process
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation, including trial.
- Defends employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- Represents employers during all phases of EEOC and DFEH investigations.
- Litigate matters involving meal break violations, wage and hour, age and disability discrimination, hostile work environment, employment contract claims, employment tort claims, leaves of absence, failure to provide accurate or timely pay.