Eric R. Hillier
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Eric’s areas of specialty include construction litigation, tort defense, mold litigation and product liability defense. While at McGeorge School of Law, Eric actively participated in the trial advocacy and moot court programs. In addition, he also served as a hearing officer for the California Housing Finance Agency, a position in which he conducted tenant eviction hearings throughout Northern California. Eric is fluent in Spanish.
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., 1997)
Brigham Young University (B.A., 1993)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of developers and general contractors in complex multiparty litigation involving commercial and residential properties.
- Cases range from single family home disputes to actions involving hundreds of properties.
- Representation of Fortune 500 companies and several of California’s largest publicly-held and privately-held builders.
- Defense of claims related to Homeowners Associations and claims involving California Civil Code section 910, et. al (SB800) and Nevada Chapter 40, including the prosecution and defense of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors against claims arising from accidents on commercial and residential construction sites.
- Defense of developers against homeowner claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation, as well as subrogation claims by insurers.
- Defense of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of claims regarding negligent and intentional acts, including automobile accidents, assault and battery, sexual assault, and construction site accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Defense of business establishments against injury claims involving third parties.
- Defense of manufacturers and distributors of allegedly hazardous materials in actions involving claims of personal injury or wrongful death due to exposure to various toxic chemicals.
- Defense of contractors, landlords and property owners in actions involving claims of personal injury due to mold exposure.
- Defense of class actions claims including claimed violations of California Business & Professions Code § 17200.
- Representation of owners, landlords and managers in defending claims of water intrusion and mold exposure.
- Representation of manufacturers and retailers against claims of injuries and wrongful death allegedly due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Representation of public entities regarding construction claims and disputes. • Representation of public entities in all aspects of litigation personal injury and wrongful death actions.
- Representation of businesses and manufacturers in actions involving acute and chronic exposure to benzene and asbestos.
- Extensive experience defending mold actions and advising clients on non-litigated matters, including abatement issues.