Dennis M. Baier
505 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
P (818) 551-6000
F (818) 551-6050
For more detailed information:
Dennis Baier is a senior associate in Wood Smith Henning & Berman’s Glendale office, practicing in the areas of professional liability, public entity defense, and other general civil liability matters. Dennis has experience in professional liability matters representing architects and design professionals under E & O policies in complex multi-party construction defect litigation. In the public entity arena, Dennis has successfully tried cases involving the County of Los Angeles Probation Department and Sheriff’s Department. He has also represented the County of Los Angeles Parks & Recreation, Department of Public Works, Department of Children and Family Services, and the Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles through all the specialized stages of public entity litigation, including civil rights suits. Dennis has also defended businesses, property owners, and individuals in a wide variety of claims resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
Dennis is a graduate of Loyola Law School, where he received First Honors in Legal Research and Writing and in Appellate Advocacy. He was also a member of the Scott Moot Court team at Loyola Law School. While in law school, Dennis served as an extern to the Honorable Oswald Parada of the United States District Court, Central District of California.
Loyola Law School (J.D., 2012)
University of Wisconsin – Madison (B.A., 2008)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of businesses, property owners, and individuals in a wide variety of claims resulting in catastrophic injuries and death.
- Defense of owners and managers against bodily injury claims.
- Representation of large transportation companies in personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage actions involving semi-trucks and tour buses.
- Defense of design professionals, general contractors, and subcontractors against claims of defective design in complex multi-party litigation arising from construction of residential and commercial properties.
- Defense of design professionals, contractors, and subcontractors against claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of public entities is civil rights lawsuits, including excessive force cases and matters involving prison inmates.
- Defense of specialized lawsuits involving public entities, including dangerous condition of public property.
- Representation of various public entity departments: Sheriff’s Department, Department of Public Works, Department of Children and Family Services, Probation Department, Housing Authority, and Parks & Recreation.
- Experience with the unique litigation aspects that affect public entity litigation, specifically the Government Code and all of the potential immunities contained therein.