David S. Webster
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
An accomplished trial attorney, David Webster specializes in complex civil litigation with a focus on construction defect, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death actions. He has represented a wide range of individuals, including developers, design professionals, and contractors. David’s cases have included multi-million dollar claims involving multiple parties and their insurers and wrapped projects. In a rare construction defect trial, David obtained a defense verdict for our client against all claims, including fraud. He has also successfully represented motor carriers, and their drivers, in accidents involving serious injury and death. His practice extends to personal injury matters, defending contractors, public entities, common carriers, commercial businesses, and individuals. Many of his injury suits have involved claims of environmental and toxic exposure. David routinely provides insurance coverage analysis and advice, and represents insurance clients in related suits. David holds an unparalleled record of successful verdicts in closely watched, high-exposure matters. He also holds a tremendous record of success in binding arbitrations, and before the appellate court.
University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 1991)
California State University, Chico (B.A., 1987)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Preparation of briefs and oral arguments before the California Courts of Appeal following defense verdicts and related issues including recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Defense of developers against HOA and homeowner suits for fraud, negligent construction, and related damages in urban high-rise and multifamily projects.
- Defense of personal injury actions resulting from construction defects.
- Defense of developers and builders against alleged class action suits by homeowners.
- Defense of claims for damages due to delays in construction of commercial buildings.
- Prosecution of commercial owner/developer out-of-pocket repair claims based on negligent construction of movie theater, including EIFS system failure.
- Prosecution of claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Handles a number of environmental and toxic tort matters, including claims involving mold and mold claims, carbon monoxide exposure, and asbestos exposure.
- In doing so, he represents developers, manufacturers, contractors, and owners, and regularly retains environmental consultants to defend and rebut such claims for the firm’s clients.
- Handles a wide array of actions resulting in catastrophic injury and wrongful death, including from construction sites, motor vehicle accidents, dangerous conditions of property, public and private roadways, and residential residences.
- Represents a broad spectrum of clients, including commercial and residential business owners and managers, contractors, individuals, landlords, common carriers, restaurants/bars, farm crop growers, product manufacturers, and public entities.
- Defends corporations, other business entities, and individuals, against class action claims, including habitability and other claims arising out of the landlord/tenant relationship, consumer fraud and violations of California Business & Professions Code § 17200.
- Defense of high performance coating manufacturer against claim relating to product failures in commercial projects.
- Defense of high performance insulated glass window designer against claims of improper design and failures by manufacturers and homeowners in state and federal court.