An accomplished trial lawyer, Constance Endelicato is vastly experienced in defending professional liability claims. She defends physicians, hospitals, and skilled nursing facilities, as well as legal and accounting professionals, among other service providers. She also defends employers in wrongful termination and discrimination actions. She is experienced in handling class actions, mass tort litigation, appellate and federal matters. She is admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California.
As a reflection of Ms. Endelicato’s accomplishments, her extensive trial experience has afforded her membership in the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, among a nominal number of women in the United States. Ms. Endelicato is a recipient of the 2017 Business Insurance and CLM Women to Watch Award. She also received Lawyer Magazine’s 2017 Legal Award for Elder Abuse Litigation and 2018 Women in Law Award for Private Commercial Litigation. Additionally, Ms. Endelicato has been named by the Los Angeles and San Francisco legal newspaper, The Daily Journal, as one of the Top 100 Women Lawyers in California. She has been honored by Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Women Lawyers. She has been recognized by Los Angeles Magazine as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California. Ms. Endelicato was nominated into membership of the exclusive International Association of Defense Counsel where she is an active member of the Medical Defense and Health Law Committee and acts as Vice Chair of the Webinar Committee. She also acts as the Medical Sub Committee Vice Chair of Webinars for Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. She is currently the President of the Southern California Association of Healthcare Risk Management and is a member of the American Society of Healthcare Risk Management Education Development Task Force. Over the past several years, she has received the designation of Super Lawyer in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine, Super Lawyer in Orange County by Orange Coast Magazine, and Top Lawyer by Pasadena Magazine. She also holds an AV-Preeminent rating which is the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell. Ms. Endelicato is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management.
University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., )
University of Nebraska (B.S., )
Licensed to Practice in:
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Defense of legal malpractice and accounting malpractice.
- Defense of law practices and accounting firms in malpractice actions.
Medical Malpractice and Healthcare Law
- Defense of doctors, hospitals, medical groups, surgery centers, skilled nursing facilities, nurses and nurse practitioners, dentists, physician assistants, and allied health professionals.
Mass Torts and Class-Action Defense
- Defense of healthcare providers in consolidated actions and class actions involving medical malpractice, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, implantable devices, and invitro fertilizing and embryo transfer and other fertility issues.
General Liability and Casualty
- Defense of long-term care facilities and hospitals, as well as individual care providers, in claims of intentional torts, neglect and abuse.
- Defense of slip and fall accidents and other mechanisms of injuries arising from alleged negligent maintenance of facilities.
- Defense of claims involving defective medical devices including implantable devices and prostheses.
- Contributing Commentary, California Civil Jury Instruction Companion Handbook 3rd Edition, Elizabeth A. Baron, Associate Justice California Court of Appeal, (Ret.)
- Godwin v. City of Bellflower (1992) 5 Cal. App. 4th 1625 (Trial court’s grant of MSJ based upon statute of limitations defense was affirmed, mandating personal service of Notice of Intent on individual staff physicians of hospital)
- Commentary, Impact of Women in the Insurance Industry, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Magazine, October 2016 Edition
- Case Law Update, “California Supreme Court to Review Skilled Nursing Decision,” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Magazine, August 2017
- Author, “Death with Dignity – An Analysis of the Future Impact on Litigation, IADC Committee Newsletter, Medical Defense and Health Law, January 2017
- Author, “Penalties and Punitive Damages: California Supreme Court to Review Controversial Interpretation of Statute Providing Damages in Actions Against Nursing Homes,” IADC Committee Newsletter, Medical Defense and Health Law, October 2017
View All »
All Publications »
Events, Seminars & Presentations
- The Doctors Company Claims Department Educational Meeting: Featured Presenter, “Damages Trends and Tactics: Plaintiff’s Search for the Mega Verdict and How to Defend Against It.” October 2017
- ASHRM Webinar Series: Moderator, “The Effect of Non-Compliance with HIPPA/MIPS.” October 2017
- CLM Orange County Chapter Meeting: Panel Presenter, “Damages in Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care: Recent Trends and Development.” September 2017
- CLM Management and Professional Liability Conference: Moderator/Panel Presenter, “Mental Healthcare Challenges in the Hospital Setting: A Risk Management Strategy.” July 2017
- ASHRM Podcast: Presenter, “Eighteen Fingers Pointing—What To Do When Six Healthcare Providers, Their Lawyers, and Claims Specialists Engage in a Dangerous Game of Throw ‘Em Under the Bus.” July 2017
- International Association of Defense Counsel Annual Conference: Moderator, “De-Bunking the Economic Model in Catastrophic Injury Cases.” July 2017
- SCHARM Webinar Series: Moderator, “Liability Under Health & Safety Code 1430(b): Recent Trends and Developments.” June 2017
- SCAHRM Annual Conference: Moderator/Panel Presenter, “He said She Said – Mental Healthcare Challenges in the Hospital Setting.” May 2017
- CLM Webinar Series: Presenter, “The New SNF Conditions of Participation.” April 2017
- Crittenden Annual Medical Insurance Conference: Moderator/Panel Presenter, “Death With Dignity – An Analysis of the Future Impact on Litigation.” April 2017
- CLM Annual Conference: Moderator/Panel Presenter, “Death With Dignity – An Analysis of the Future Impact on Litigation.” March 2017
- SCAHRM On The High Seas Cruise Conference: Panel Presenter, “The Truth About Hierarchy – When Egos, Stature, and Titles Get in the Way.” February 2017
- CLM Southwest Conference: Panel Presenter, “Death With Dignity – An Analysis of the Future Impact on Litigation.” November 2016
- CLM Women’s Leadership Forum: Moderator and Featured Speaker, “Career Growth.” October 2016
- CLM Annual Midwest Medical Legal Conference: Panel Presenter, “Healthcare Mega Breaches-Information Security,” June 2016
- CLM Annual Midwest Medical Legal Conference: Panel Presenter, “Healthcare Mega Breaches-Information Security.” June 2016
- SCAHRM Annual Conference: Panel Presenter: “My Life, My Death, My Business: End of Life Option Act,” May 2016
- SCAHRM On The High Seas Cruise Conference: Panel Presenter: “Verbal Judo: Mitigating the Risks and Conflicts with Teammates Behind Enemy Lines,” February 2016
- CARE Professional Liability Association, LLC National Panel Counsel Conference: Featured Speaker, “Smoke and Mirrors: Recent Trends and Tactics in the Continued Attack on Damages Caps,” November 2015
- SCAHRM Educational Breakfast Meeting: Featured Speaker, “Smoke and Mirrors: Recent Trends and Tactics in the Continued Attack on Micra,” July 2015
- Featured Presenter, “A Cinq in Micra’s Armor: A Case Study of Rashidi v. Moser,” February 2015
View All »
All Events »
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Los Angeles County Bar Association
President, Southern California Association of Healthcare Risk Management
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance-Medical Legal Committee
Orange County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
American Society for Health Care Risk Management
Youth Business Alliance
View All »
Awards & Accomplishments
AV Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
Lawyer Magazine's Legal Award for Elder Abuse Litigation
Women in Law Award for Private Commercial Litigation
Named to Top Women Lawyers in California by The Daily Journal
Named to Top 50 Most Influential Women Lawyers List by Los Angeles Business Journal
Named a Women to Watch by Business Insurance
Southern California Super Lawyer
Orange County Super Lawyer
Top Woman Attorney by Los Angeles Magazine
Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine
View All »