Christian M. Gunneson
1501 S. Church Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629
P (813) 422-6910
F (813) 425-6983
701 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
P (786) 358-6420
F (786) 358-6421
For more detailed information:
Christian is senior counsel in WSHB’s Florida offices where his practice concentrates on assisting London market insuring and reinsuring syndicates and companies with various coverage matters and coverage litigation. He has experience litigating disputes arising under first and third party commercial general liability coverages, products-completed operations hazard coverages, and professional liability policies. Specifically, Christian has litigated and analyzed coverage issues arising under class action products liability claims, Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims, construction defect claims, and sexual abuse claims. Christian also provides coverage advice to clients to assist them in avoiding disputes without the need for litigation.
In addition to his coverage practice, Christian has experience representing businesses in employment litigation and wrongful termination defense matters, harassment and retaliation claims, Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) claims, Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) claims, and Florida Minimum Wage Act (“FMWA”) claims. He has also represented attorneys in malpractice actions in both Florida and Connecticut, and has represented businesses – including some of the country’s largest insurance brokerages – in trade secret, non-compete, and intellectual property litigation.
Christian is a magna cum laude graduate of the Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he was the publication editor of the Quinnipiac Health Law Journal and President of the Mock Trial Society. While in law school, Christian was a research assistant for Professor Stephen Gilles and was a judicial extern for the Honorable Dominic J. Squatrito of the United States District Court for he District of Connecticut and the Honorable Howard T. Owens Jr. of the Connecticut Superior Court. Christian received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Providence College.
Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 2012, magna cum laude)
Providence College (B.A., 2008)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Defense of developers, general contractors, construction managers and design professionals in litigation involving commercial and residential properties, including construction defect litigation.
- Defense of property owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors against claims arising from commercial and residential construction sites, including water intrusion and mold cases.
- Defense of employers in claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act.
- Defense of employers in harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims brought under state and federal laws.
- Defense of doctors, hospitals, physical therapists and other medical professionals in medical malpractice, negligence, and failure to treat claims.