Carla N. Braunstein
1401 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
P (925) 222-3400
F (925) 356-8250
For more detailed information:
Carla specializes in the litigation of claims involving construction defect, catastrophic injury, professional liability, and employment practices. She represents major California developers and general contractors in complex and large-scale construction projects and residential developments. She defends individuals, professionals, businesses, and public entities against allegations of negligence, premises liability, products liability, misrepresentation, and breach of contract. Carla has also worked on transactional matters, including general business, real estate, and intellectual property matters. While in law school, Carla received CALI and Witkin awards for academic excellence in a number of subjects including Writing & Research and Constitutional Law. She graduated from Golden Gate University in the top ten percent of her class. Before and while attending law school, Carla worked in the financial planning and analysis department of a national retailer. Additionally, Carla previously worked in the human resources department of a Bay Area media outlet.
Golden Gate University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
University of California, San Diego (B.S., 1999)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Management of $60M lease portfolio.
- Management of $100M line of credit.
- Entity formation of corporations and limited liability companies, including related bylaws and operating agreements.
- Defends several of California’s largest commercial and residential developers in complex matters involving construction defect, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Northern California coordinating counsel for national developer insurance portfolio.
- Defends property owners, contractors, and developers against injury claims arising out of building code violations.
- Representation of civil engineering contractors in property damage and personal injury claims.
- Represents employers in all phases of wrongful termination litigation, including administrative hearings.
- Defends property and business owners against personal injury claims arising out of use of their property, company automobiles, and employee actions.
- Defense of hotel chains against eight-figure damages claims, including slip and falls, hotel design, coffee spills, misplacement of room service trays, falling fixtures, and failure to remove hypodermic needles.
- Defense of malls and retailers in claims arising out of slippery substances, broken glass, uneven walkways, third-party criminal activities, ADA ramps and striping, poor lighting, and pedestrian barriers.
- Litigation of a variety of alleged product and design defects including various electrical devices, automobile components, and medical equipment.
- Defends insurance agents/brokers, accountants, real estate agents/brokers, appraisers, and massage studios/therapists against allegations of professional negligence.
- Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment on behalf of an insurance broker in claims for underinsurance related to California wildfires.
- Successfully transferred risk to franchisee in a sexual assault claim against franchisor.
- Defends public entities in a broad range of civil litigation actions, including dangerous conditions of public property, civil rights allegations, and inverse condemnation claims.
- Defeated a motion for ruling on a strict liability inverse condemnation claim against a county.
- Obtained a dismissal of civil rights claims against a public golf course via a dispositive motion.