Ben F. Veralrud
12755 SW 69th Avenue
Portland, OR 97223
P (971) 256-4010
F (971) 275-1928
For more detailed information:
Ben Veralrud is senior counsel in WSHB’s Portland office, where his practice focuses primarily on complex civil litigation involving construction, catastrophic injury, professional liability and transportation. Prior to joining WSHB, Ben practiced at a general civil litigation firm in Portland, where he managed all phases of litigation in the areas of construction, personal injury, business litigation, consumer protection, and debt collection. Previously, Ben clerked for the Honorable Edward J. Jones of the Multnomah County Circuit Court.
A graduate of the University of Oregon School of Law, Ben served as both the senior associate editor for the Oregon Law Review and the assistant director of the Moot Court Board during law school. Ben received his undergraduate degree in Psychology and French. Born and raised in Oregon, he enjoys running, biking, basketball, golf, and exploring the outdoors with his wife and child.
University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of Colorado Boulder (B.A., 2005)
Licensed to Practice in:
- Represents marine insurers and shipping lines in a variety of casualty and personal injury matters, including claims under COGS and Carmack.
- Defends and prosecutes litigation on behalf of commercial, corporate, and non-profit clients involving contractual claims, unfair competition claims, and other business disputes.
- Represents owners, contractors, and design professionals in complex litigation including construction defect claims in single family residential to mixed use buildings, as well as construction accident litigation involving catastrophic injuries.
- Prosecutes and defends claims for indemnification and breach of contract.
- Defense of property owners, developers, and contractors involving claims of premises liability, including slip-and-fall accidents, premises defect, and disputes over property ownership rights and obligations.
- Defends product manufacturers and distributors against claims of personal injury and property damage due to defects in the manufacture and design of products.
- Defends architects, engineers, real estate brokers and agents, and other professionals in negligence, failure to disclose, and violations of standard-of-care claims.
- Representation of various types of transportation companies involving tractor-trailers, buses, rail and other fleet operation vehicles, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death litigation.
- Provides risk management training and counseling on a variety of issues, including driver qualifications, establishing safety protocols, responding and investigating accidents, insurance coverage, risk transfer, and employment issues.